The main barn is a classic post and beam Pennsylvania fieldstone bank barn constructed c. 1795 and restored during the last century. A large addition with stone façade and arched entrance was added in 1999. There are 13 stalls, a wash stall and tack room on the lower level. The upper level with exposed fieldstone walls soaring 35 feet in the air is open space and can be used for storage and can provide a wonderful location for parties.
Adjacent to the main house is a 4 car garage with a second floor apartment. This stone building was recently remodeled and also contains a large basement and workshop.
The Mordecai Yarnell house is a 2000 square foot, two story fieldstone house situated at the back of the property. It is shielded from the main residence by large spruce trees and was constructed in 1739. It is now used as a tenant house with private drive. The conservation easement permits subdivision of this house.
The Mordecai Yarnell field stone barn also dates to 1739 and is now used for storage of tractors on the first floor. The second floor was recently remodeled as a guest apartment/studio.
A large 72 x 22 fieldstone barn was recently remodeled with 4 stalls, wash stall and tack room. It could easily be converted as an office, indoor pool or space for an antique car collection.
The property is under conservation easement with the Brandywine Conservancy. All adjacent and surrounding properties are under easement with either the Brandywine Conservancy or Willistown Conservation Trust. Brandywine Conservancy or Willistown Conservation Trust